Sunday, March 20, 2011

City Of Ashes


This book is the sequel to the book 'City Of Bones', the book I've recently read. I've enjoyed this book as much as I've enjoyed reading the first one, I think the author did a fantastic job of writing this book to make readers such as myself find it very interesting to read.
In this book it continued talking about Clary's problems in the first book, she is trying to stop Valentine from getting the mortal instruments because it would lead to great danger, even though Valentine is her father Clary despise him. There are a lot of suspense and action happening in this book, when I read City of Ashes some unbelievable events happened. Clary and Jace has strong feelings for each other but because they found out they're brother and sisters, their love for each other are forbidden. Also in this book Simon suffers a great deal in this book, he must face his transformation into something else the reader would never expect he would do. In this book the author has created some new characters which I thought was interesting to read about. Jocelyn (Clary's Mother) remain unconscious throughout the whole book until the end, in the last few pages of the book it has created more suspense and a cliff hanger too.
Overal, this is an amazing book to be reading after you've read the 1st book and this fantasy book is really clever how the author describe the demons to make it seems like it is very real. I think it will be suitable for anyone who is interested in fantasy novels.

No comments:

Post a Comment