Monday, February 28, 2011

20,000 Leagues Under the Sea


This was given to me on the 26th of February (Saturday) as a gift from a friend. It was written by my favourite author, Jules Verne and is 236 pages long so I was able to finish it on Sunday. It is a really brilliant book because it is thrilling and adventurous. For example, I think the squid battle was described well to discomfort the reader with bloody descriptions and graphic like vocabulary. I find it quite creative to have a submarine with a spear at the front ramming into ships (I may use this idea one day...). I also like the sense of emotion is this book, with Captain Nemo being heart-broken about his missing family. To conclude, I find this book amazing due to its good setting, very descriptive text and all around awesomeness. I definitely recommend this book if you like bloody squids and super powerful submarines.

No comments:

Post a Comment