Wednesday, November 17, 2010

The meaning of an awesome name ;) - Christies

Hello, as we all know in class, each of our names have meanings

My full name is : Jan Christies Dagatan Paglinawan

Jan doesn't really have a meaning, it is usually at the starting of most filipino names like my other syblings ...

JANgee - older brother
JANice - older sister
JAN Sotheby - younger sister
JAN Keneth - cousin

Christies is what i have explained in class, my dad works as a furniture designer and so there was a book about furnitures called "Christie's" . My dad just took out the ' and named me Christies. My name was after an auction house in America. (My little sister 'Sotheby' is also named after an auction house.)

Dagatan isn't actually a word but 'Dagat' sea. Dagatan is from my mums side of the family. Paglinawan isn't actually a word as well, it's my dad's last name although i think 'Pagli' means peace or freedom, something similar to calmness. so it's like 'Sea of Peace' as my last name.

Very random for Christies. Although if you search for the word Christie it means A christian and i am actually christian and so it could be similar to what my name means :D

NOW YOU KNOW WHAT MY NAME MEANS ! :P

3 comments: