Tuesday, November 16, 2010

The Meaning Of My Name

Marc Krystopher Meinhardt
My name, Marc (best name ever) comes from a romain god called Mars, who is the god of war and protecter of Rome. In Latin, Marc is Marcus. Marc use to be a really popular name around 1940 to 1980's. Today, it is the 43rd most popular name in the top 50.
My Middle name, Krystopher (also the best name ever) is from the late Greek name Chritophoros meaning 'bearing Christ'. To make my name original my parents switch the letters 'C' and 'I' from Chritopher, to a 'K' and 'Y'. As an English given name, it has been generally used since the 15th century. It is a name which has been used by famous people like:
_The three kings of Denmark (usually spelled Christoffer)
_Christopher of Bavaria who also ruled Norway and Sweden.
_Other famous bearers including the italian explorer, Christopher Columbus (1451-1506)
My Nicknames (best nicknames ever) are:
_In my last school, my friends use to call me M&M's because of my innitials (M. M.)
_My mum invented my sir name's nickname, 'My heart' because most of the people we met had hard time pronouncing it.
_My friends used to call me Marco and today some call me Marcus
_And a nickname for my Middle name, Krys shorter versions for Krystopher.

1 comment: