Tuesday, November 16, 2010

My Name

Marc Krystopher Meinhardt
My name, Marc (best name ever) comes from a roman god called Mars, who is the god of war and protector of Rome. In Latin, Marc is Marcus. Marc use to be a very popular name around the 1940's to 1980's. Today, it's the 43rd most common name in the top 50.
Some of the Famous name bearers:
_Marco Polo
_Marc Jacobs
And lots more...
My Middle name, Krystopher (also the best name ever) is from the late Greek name Christophoros meaning 'bearing Christ'. To make my name original my parents switch the letters 'C' and 'I' from Christopher, to a 'K' and 'Y'. As an English given name, it has been generally used since 15th century. It is a name which has been used by famous people like:
_Christopher of Bavaria who also ruled Norway and Sweden
_other famous bearers including the italian explorer, Chrisopher Columbus (1451-1406)
My nicknames:
_In my last school they use to call me M&M's because of my initials
_My mum made up a sir name, My Heart, because it was sometimes hard to pronounce.
_My Friends call me Marco or Marcus
_And Krys, a shorter version of Krystopher

No comments:

Post a Comment