Wednesday, November 17, 2010

This is about my name (Eleanor)


My parents have chosen my name to be Eleanor Jade Spencer-Harty because they thought it was a beautiful name. I found out that Eleanor has the meaning of light. My middle name jewel was chosen becasue it is a precious jewel of the far east; furthermore my name was chosen to be Jade becaus I was born in Thailand and in Thailand Jade is a jewel stone. In adddition I was told that a few sucsessful singers, actresses and buisness woman had the name of Eleanor. Truthfully i like my name Eleanor because it is a rare name. This is because most peopel have the name Ellie which is completely different, moreover it sounds fairly elegant and a bit like a princess. The things i dislike about my name is when it is spelt backwards, this is becaus it has no meaning, as well as my last name is pronounced Spencer-Harty but some people spell it Spencer-Hearty (like a heart). Another thing that i find annnoying is when peopel say my last name is Harty-Spencer, instead of Spencer-harty. My hole family has a different nickname for me including my friends and teachers. My dad calls me ells bells, my mum calls me Eleanor, my little brother (Charlie) calls me Elly, my big brother (Matt) callls me El, my friends calll em Ellie and most teachers call me Ellie as well, thats unless thay call me Eleanor. I assume that people nickname me because it is easier to remember. i also beleve that peopel nicknaem me because it sounds better adnd that it is easier to say. Lastly i suppose taht peopel nickname me because it is a fun friendly thing to do.

1 comment:

  1. hehe 1:people not peopel
    2:nickname not nicknaem
    3:that not taht
    4:because not becaus
    hehe just kidding and ms. Easter calls you Elles Belles :D haha

    ReplyDelete