Wednesday, November 17, 2010

The Meaning of my name

My name in Korean is Jee Hoon Lee.
'Lee' the last name is from my father which was also the last name of the first king of the country Cho Sun. There are lots of people who have Lee for their last name because the king who had that last name made lots of wifes because he did not want other regions' bosses to overthrown to him. 'Jee' means knowledge and 'Hoon' means to learn. So my name actually means to know and to learn the knowledge. I think it is a quite a nice name because there are not many names like mine but also not too rare. Also I like the meaning of my name beacuse learning is one of the most important things in the world. My nick name is Jason which is the name I'm called at school. It became my nick name since I went to acadamy and I chose my nick name to be Jason because the pronunciation of my Korean name'Jee Hoon' was simillar to my nick name Jason.

1 comment: